Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 17-APRIL-2019 NEWS
  • -------- VOTING Has started in the Parlement. Please have your say and vote !! <-------
Administrator

Club activity.

@Tercy  (& Everyone else later)

This one could be really interesting, and perhaps something that other sites would like.

Is there any way you could create some sort of notification on the home screen that there are unread posts in the clubs one is a member of, and gives a link in the notification. 

What I am thinking of is something around where the notices are, something where there would be nothing there are all, but if there are unread, or new posts in clubs a link appears in the location that links to the topic of the club where the unread posts are located, also this thing is something that can be turned on or off in the users setting. 

Just a note, I don't want you to think these ideas I am coming up with are things I expect you to do. They are just ideas, and I won't be at all phased if you say "I don't want to do that", or "That's too hard", etc. I don't want you ever to think that you are being taken for granted, or that my ideas are in any way orders or requests.  I know only too well how much time and effort coding takes, and I really am very grateful for your help. This goes to everyone here. I really do appreciate all of your help, and I really want you to know how appreciated you are, and how lucky I am, and the community is to have people around that are willing to give up their time, and give their expertise in order to create this place.

I am no ones boss, and as far as I am concerned I am working for the community, and as soon as someone turns up who is actually any good at managing people, I will happily hand over the rains. I am just doing the best I can to make this place work, and to create a place that we all want to spend time chatting on. I really have high aspirations for ASM, and I hope that together we can make a real difference to the community. 

So thank you all, and please feel free to tell me I am doing a shitty job, and tell me how I can do things better. 

If I have some time later I'll look into it. It surprises me there's not already something to make new posts in clubs more obvious.

I think it is rather... <grin>.

Well it is until someone starts moaning about things being cluttered. Well to be honest it's only going to be cluttered for those who have to see every club.

As far as my interpretation goes, does this notification page be the Front Forum page?

If so there might be an optional Software Module in the Forum Software, like where there's, the Thread, Status, Discord etc... modules on the front page.

It is possible a module that is in the API already or installable through Invision, if not it's either a paid add on or Invision might be in the process of developing it.