Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
Gloomy

What kind of diet do you follow?

So which diet(s) do you follow?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. So which diet(s) do you follow?

• None in particular
    • Vegetarian
    • Vegan
    • Low Carb
    • Keto
    • Pescatarian
    • Raw Food
    • Mediterranean
    • Paleo
    • See Food (I see food, I eat it)
    • Other

Just curious so I made a poll (and no I totally didn't just Google "types of diets" to see all the types of diets I could put in the poll :classic_ninja:).

I personally follow a kind of low carb diet. Not for weight reasons(I'm already skinny due to my ridiculously fast metabolism so losing weight wouldn't be a good idea for me lol), but I have reactive hypoglycemia so if I eat too much carbs/sugar then my blood sugar gets too low a few hours later and I get shaky and light headed and all that shit. It kind of sucks because my grocery bill would be so much cheaper if I could just eat a bunch of ramen noodles like some people do.

I basically eat whatever I come across and eat it, if it's edible and tasty. Stress makes me eat more nowadays and sometimes I even eat food when I am not hungry. I follow mostly vegetarian diet, and eat meat 2 times a month? No beef, no lamb, no pork or any other sorts of meat except chicken and fish works for me. I guess I am like this because I am not used to eating much meat. Diets are a bit impossible for me to follow 😞

Whatever you do to your body in your youth will be reflected in your old age.

It can take a lot in the early years, but will detract from your natural body later. Better to stay healthy at an early age than suffer later which will be a lot harder to remedy.

Fat shaming is not shaming, it is showing concern about another's health. I hope someone shows me similar concern rather than be silent.

In a way being hypoglycemic is both a blessing and a curse for me since it forces me to limit my sugar/empty carb intake. I used to eat donuts for breakfast almost every day, and ate fast food/junk food and drank soda all the time. Since I have a fast metabolism like I said, I never become overweight from it so I didn't think it was bad for me to eat like that. That's probably what fucked up my blood sugar though.

None in particular, but rather specific to avoid further and future problems with liver function, stomach acid reflux, bowel mobility and megloblastic folic acid, vitamin B complex deficient, iron protein excess anaemia. Plus also avoid migraine triggers through food, being careful falling back into a pre-diabetic, excess weight state. 

The diet is also limited to 1200 Calorie, 400 calorie per meal 3 meal day to adjust for cellular and metabolic changes as a result of being on powerful mood stabilizers.  Bloods are checked on a semi-regular basis if symptoms of the above returns, a daily exercise morning regime of 90 minutes and 9000 steps recommended, 6000 minimum steps on a bought treadmill every morning for bowel and blood mobility, a generous sweat is considered high intensity in a sense. 

The exercise must require mixed stop-start-sprint workouts, this exercise also is optional for more permanent daily physiotherapy for knee, hip and back mobility since after a major fall.  The diet is a complete replacement of dietary medication, ever since doctors now do not supply non-critical prescriptions, no blood med, no supplements, no laxative, and no more stomach medication either.

After the exercise right after wake-up: - (there are also total things to avoid, like alcohol, switching to decaf tea and avoiding migraine triggers like onions, peppers, strong curries, alcohol, excess chocolate etc.)

The breakfast consists of 20g Ready-Brek for fortified folic acid, 20g All-bran for essential morning fibre intake, 10g of mixed nuts and seeds for all Vitamin B Complex intake.

The lunch can consist of anything low calorie, as long there's a substantial mixed vegetable dish as a side, because of difficulties with fine motor skills, I cannot prepare vegetables myself, so next best thing is a bag of mixed vegetables, avoiding the low quality versions as those are low nutrition, taste poor as well.  Following portion sizes and doubling it, so a bag that lists 80g per portion, becomes 160g for this mealtime. (with added salt, pepper and mixed herbs, salt due to the regime being very low salt, pepper and herbs for flavour) this pot of vegetables also comes with anything else, often means a sandwich.

The main meal is up to family choice as long as it's with the added double portion of vegetables as a side, unless that meal has vegetables already and under 400 calories.

The snack can only contain one or two pieces of fruit, thus topping up the necessary 5 a day. 

Looking back it's weird that the 5 portions a day thing that TV bangs on about for a "healthy living" is actually to avoid complex anaemias, stomach and liver function issues instead in my case.

There is no alcohol, no coffee, no tea (but decaf), no takeaways.  When out, there's no restaurants that supply anywhere close to the dietary requirements, closest is a custom Subway sandwich when out with a carer or the BF.  The BF's diet is also has to be different and specific due to a gastric sleeve difference, though with significant learning difficulties, cannot fully grasp or understand his own dietary needs without assistance. 

In retrospect both of us had similar poor diet non-choices since childhood, for which I was 18 stone in weight with complex health problems earlier, while the BF was 26 stone and the weight related illnesses came much later, a quite a scare being told you're might not live to 40 with a similar related death in his family can do that, a forced learning curve with a gastric sleeve as well helps the learning process.

I still live with weight related problems, those are permanent, but also now being a normal weight, should avoid further damage, I might be going blind, I've already increased risks for blood, liver, stomach and bowel cancer, already have the extra risk for prostate cancer, only 9 years before eligible of screening being an increased risk group at age 40.  A higher risk of stroke due to the lifestyle history and migraines and Tourettes. 

I count it a victory living past 64 or 72, no-one in both sides of family lived past these ages.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, cavalier080854 said:

Fat shaming is not shaming, it is showing concern about another's health. I hope someone shows me similar concern rather than be silent.

Actually, it is shaming and I personally know of someone more conservative less "S.J.W." than anyone on this who would agree with me on this point.

I was bullied for being fat and ugly most of my life.  I guess that's a kind of fat shaming.  It just made me asexual and self-loathing, never really helped me lose any weight no matter how hard I tried.

I guess there's a big difference between genuine friendly concern and help over obesity or food addiction, and shaming/ mocking the over weight.

Yeah, if someone is unhealthy, not only if they’re fat but if they’re unhealthy for some other reason such as doing drugs, I don’t give them a hard time about it. I’m not their doctor so it’s none of my business. I’m not a fan of unsolicited advice myself.

Yeah, I just let people die in their own way.  I don't give people grief for their bad diets, drug use, alcohol addiction, smoking, risky sex or anything else.  You're all gonna die anyway.  I offer help if they want it, but largely I just let folk get on with their own shit.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, cavalier080854 said:

Would you fat shame me for being a bit tubby even though I do one-arm pushups, lift weights, jog, and when it's working bicycle. I will walk up to 9.6 kilometers or jog up to 3.2 kilometers or bicycle up to 48 kilometers in a day (yes seriousy). I am someone who really like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, and whole grains. I am also trying to cut sugar way down