Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------

This is a good graphic of feminism.  As a woman I really want equal pay for the work I do in line with my male colleagues.  Until the world stops believing it's acceptable for women and men in the same job to be paid differently I'm not sure we'll get anywhere.  This disparity causes the onus  to still be on men to be the provider whilst women are the carers which is a core stereotype that constrains both genders...

@Nahteb15 The point is that women ARE paid the same for the same job, if they were not, it would be an actual crime! It's a myth that women are paid less. There is an "Earnings" gap, but that is because on average, women work lower paid jobs, and less hours than men. It's not true that women are paid less for the same job, and if they were, then why wouldn't businesses JUST employ women, as it would be cheaper?

Dude so accurate. 

Guess by this graph though I'm a first wave libertarian feminist. Weird saying that. I don't identify with feminism movement because they are all bunched into this group, and a horrid one at that. They even fight with each other. 

Feminism is truly a broad definition though. It's been used to describe many different ideologies, as shown by this image. 

2 hours ago, Lord Grep said:

@Nahteb15 The point is that women ARE paid the same for the same job, if they were not, it would be an actual crime! It's a myth that women are paid less. There is an "Earnings" gap, but that is because on average, women work lower paid jobs, and less hours than men. It's not true that women are paid less for the same job, and if they were, then why wouldn't businesses JUST employ women, as it would be cheaper?

Exactly...many things feminists whine about have been solved...such as the wage gap...they can literally sue for that. If women are truly being paid less then they need to talk to a lawyer, because blocking streets isn't going to fix it. 

From this graph I would be, and am a Liberal. The broad aims of the Womens Liberation movement have been met in 1st world countries. The present Feminist movement is the Academic Illegitimate offspring of Womens Liberation (which eventually disgraced itself, as did Womens Suffrage Movement through extremism) and is going through the same end of throws extremism. Unfortunately the present movement is very lucrative and is big business, too many people and institutions such as Universities and academics have too much to lose for it to end. I feel that student debt will kill the movement more than anything that feminism will do.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:14 AM, Nahteb15 said:

This is a good graphic of feminism.  As a woman I really want equal pay for the work I do in line with my male colleagues.  Until the world stops believing it's acceptable for women and men in the same job to be paid differently I'm not sure we'll get anywhere.  This disparity causes the onus  to still be on men to be the provider whilst women are the carers which is a core stereotype that constrains both genders...

I hear this argument often but when you ask , can you show some comparissons,  they either can't or show things which are not comparitive at all.

Interestingly enough this evening, Rose McGowan has said the #metoo movement is all bullshit and a lie to make lilly livered hollywood types feel better about themselves and senior actors have been able to hide behind it instead of being honest that they knew what was going on

https://www.out.com/popnography/2018/10/07/rose-mcgowan-says-metoo-bullshit

https://jezebel.com/rose-mcgowan-thinks-metoo-is-bullshit-a-lie-a-band-a-1829584627

I know we have some American cousins in here so I'll throw this out first. 

In the U.S. you have massive resources for your police but some terrible laws, in the U.K. we have some great laws and quite a few loon laws but hardly any police resources to enforce them.

Currently we have hate crime laws and equality laws that pretty much cover every aspect and possibility of abuses towards the person. However being feminists they have now tried to get a new law that meant Misogyny would be a hate crime, now, given how feminists seem to think patriarchy still exists (in most day today lifes it does not) and bearing in mind there claim is for equality, it has been suggested that if Misogyny is to be included then so should Misandry.

Rather predictably the feminists pushing this law that is not needed and hardly able to prove, have lost their shit when the same protection be equally applied to men.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/17/misandry-hate-crime-abusive-men-law

I wonder if misogyny and misandry laws were passed (I give less than 50/50 for misandry to pass) How this would affect the feminist argument of "Rape Culture" and "Teach Men not to Rape" amongst many others would fair. Especially as they are all aimed at men, so a class action law suit would be inevitable, if not against feminism, then the Universities promoting this.

It is because of this possible case that they will oppose it, but keep on pushing for misogyny. This includes cat calling, Nottingham have been chasing this and in 2 years found only 1 case which they couldn't do anything except pass it on to the employer. I can honestly say in 40 years of on-site working, no one has cat called or wolf whistled. Site briefings always state, not to engage with the public.

The madness continues with non-issues. If you want to shave, then shave, if you don't. don't.

Thanks shoe for doing the work so I don't have too.

BTW do you consider yourself as a HOP (handmaid of the patriarchy) if you shave/make-up ?

1 hour ago, cavalier080854 said:

The madness continues with non-issues. If you want to shave, then shave, if you don't. don't.

Thanks shoe for doing the work so I don't have too.

BTW do you consider yourself as a HOP (handmaid of the patriarchy) if you shave/make-up ?

What’s funny about that is I prefer men to shave as well. If I ever date a real life 3D guy he’d better be hairless except for his eyebrows, eyelashes, and a cute emo haircut. I also think some men actually look cute in makeup(especially black eyeliner). I wonder what feminists would think about that 🤔.

1 hour ago, cavalier080854 said:

@Gloomy Do you think she will face some backlash from women of colour for trivialising slavery ?

I didn't even think of that. It would be pretty funny if she did face backlash for that.

I don't think this article will shock many.  When you start to let special interest groups be the tail that wags the dog, at some point tails will start to fight each other.

Extreme feminists versus trans. Now I am of a certian age and will not be making an excuse for saying that  for me and during my long life, a trans is someone who is transitioning from their birth sex to their felt sex.

Trans however, like so many in the identity arena have made the groupings so vague with spectrums that by me just saying one day I feel the opposite sex, could get someone sacked if they disagreed  with me at work.

By all means call yourself what you want, but do not insist others cannot have the same freedom of thought.

Now I only mention this because of the article I saw today

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/06/edinburgh-lgbt-committee-resigns-over-transphobic-hate-on-campus

A Feminist video about consent. If men have to be taught that No means No (who hasn't had that lesson) and that enthusiastic consent must be obtained, fine.

But at 0.25 the Yes means Yes is undermined. Should Feminist be taught that consent cannot be withdrawn after the event, (during, fine) Men are not mind readers, he has proceeded with the assurance of good faith on the woman's part. With the current climate of believe women ! why, do women never lie, even about sexual assault ? Of course they can, and have. Revenge, deflect their bad behaviour, malice.

In Canada an accused cannot provide proof of consent as evidence (you cannot bring up a woman's past sexual history, even when it is directly connected to the case).

This is patronising to men and is infantalizing women.

What are your views.

This is part of Portland Community College "Whiteness and Feminism" class. I wonder why they feel the need for the aggression and censorship.

It will all come out in the wash.

Watch through right to the end. It is hilarious, if it wasn't so unnecessary.

14 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

Not sure I actually care about feminism at all.

But what did you think about the shenanigans getting worse the longer it went on ?

This is what happens when students are given the green light to harrass by the lecturer. It took the senior admin official to stop it. Even the campus police are powerless.

Right at the end of the video, the feminist lecturer says that feminism is against heteronormativity (how many are straight in that class)!!! How ? By making the world gay ?

Hetero is approx 95% of the world population, this would be heterophobic, but that is OK, the majority is now the scapegoat, rather than the minority in the past.

My favoured solution to all such gendered/sexual ills is to remove gender being an issue by removing gender in a post-human future.  I am, of course, insane, but I suspect a monogendered race within a few generations thanks to robotics and the artificial womb.  I don't think feminism matters much since I think women will become obsolete (followed by men, as we now know them).