Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
Sign in to follow this  
cavalier080854

Get Woke, Go Broke

We have all heard this phrase, But it is not a universal truth, sometimes the trend succeeds, but mostly it is true.

The most truthful example is the comic book industry, the core demographic is overwhelmingly male (not exclusively white) and usually fanatical about the genre. When you take a character and switch the gender, orientation etc, the readership sees through it and criticises it. And the new character dies, such as Squirrel Girl (who ?), if the character is good then it sells. But where are the people who push for it. The simple fact is, the people pushing it do not care about it. If they did, they would support it and buy it, but they don't. All they are, are virtue grand standing ideologues, and project their own bigotry.

In this thread, I want examples of the phrase "Get Woke, Go Broke" as well as comments on the examples shown. 

Examples of get woke go broke?

You mean like: Oberlin college, Twitter??, Capt Marvel, Gillette, and a lot of comp games ...

Seems like you could find many cases in the files of Quartering on YouTube ...

Although the College has lost $33M, but all they will do is add another $1k per semester per student (will they see a difference of $1K out of $78K). They will only temporarily lose it, the students will eventually pay this fine.

Interestingly a professor has branded it an attack on free speech ! Really, how does that stack up when it is against Republican speakers ?

hthttps://mumbrella.com.au/gillette-shifts-focus-to-local-heroes-after-the-best-a-man-can-be-backlash-595255

https://mumbrella.com.au/gillette-shifts-focus-to-local-heroes-after-the-best-a-man-can-be-backlash-595255

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/05/23/best-ad-can-no-regrets-gillette-controversial-campaign/

Probably the best example of Get Woke Go Broke. $5.24 Billion of wokeness. I wonder if this advert would pass as the standards authority today, as they are removing negative harmful stereotypes in adverts.

I for one have put a permanent ban on all Proctor & Gamble products. Arial, Gillette etc. Some people say I am being overly sensitive. Nope, I have done this before (I stopped buying French Wine when they exploded an Atomic Bomb in an air burst, 1996).

I do my own protest on a matter of principle, not feelings, this advert was a massive failure, it alienated its core market.

The CEO and the Australian feminist ad maker both doubled down and said a loss was worth the message to get "Toxic Masculinity" across.

Well, I guess the CEO has since gone to the shareholders meeting and had a change of heart.

I wonder if the advert maker is regretting making the advert (probably not), but which company will hire her for their brand. I think a career change will feature in her future.

First time I've seen that gillette advert. Usual twats, it works on the assumptiom that there have never been any changes and no one has ever stood up for others.

Your'e a shaver company, you take hair off of peoples faces, armpits, legs and crutch, leave that woke nonsense alone with your cynical marketing ploy. Still painting your largest group of your customers as sexist biggotts will not go down well.