Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
LightUpTheNight

Innate bisexuality

Doubt it.

Whilst a lot of men I've met would probably end up having gay sex if they were removed from females, like in prison or something, I wouldn't classify this as bisexuality.  And a lot of Hetero men and women I've known would most definitely not have gay sex willingly in almost any circumstances and find the whole thing disgusting.

So whilst I'm happy to say that more folk than we think are more open to gay sex than we expect, I don't think everyone is bi at all.

Some heteros ive chatted to also think that claims to everyone being a bit bi is a form of Hetero invalidation.  They're prob not wrong.

3 minutes ago, LightUpTheNight said:

@Dreamsexual How about innate biromanticism?

Same thing.  If it involves kissing or cuddling or holding hands ... It's gay.  So same applies as previous post.  At least to most heteros I've ever spoken to.

I personally think it possible that everyone could love a person of any gender. Just think of this scenario: Your long-time partner of many years suddenly opens up to you and tells you that they're actually trans* and wishes to change their gender. Would you stop loving them?

But apart from this, I think that the initial act of falling in love is where we all differ. Not everyone can fall in love with any gender, thinks any gender attractive or is sexually attracted to them. That's why I wouldn't say that everyone is bi per se, it's just the deeper connection that transcends any type of attraction that can be gender-blind under some circumstances.

1 minute ago, CelesteAdAstra said:

Would you stop loving them?

Some people definitely would.  Especially after losing trust because of the lie.

On a different tack, wouldn't complete asexuals not be bi?  I mean, if someone is ace then surely they're not any kind of sexual, including bi?

Same for other oddities, like some objectums and narcissists and autos etc.

6 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

Some people definitely would.  Especially after losing trust because of the lie.

Okay, I can see that. But if the partner just found out about it themselves? I guess quite a few people would still end the relationship, but I think that at least some percentage of people who consider themselves hetero or homo would stay with their partner. So obviously, not everyone would be willing to stay in a relationship that makes them somewhat bi, but some percentage of formerly non-bi people would.

I, for example, would do it.

2 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

On a different tack, wouldn't complete asexuals not be bi?  I mean, if someone is ace then surely they're not any kind of sexual, including bi?

Totally agreeing with you here. No one should try to convince an asexual that they're any kind of allosexual. One could maybe argue about the romantic attraction here, but it really shouldn't cross into sexual territory.

Just now, CelesteAdAstra said:

So obviously, not everyone would be willing to stay in a relationship that makes them somewhat bi, but some percentage of formerly non-

Totally agreed.  Some would, some wouldn't.  It's just when peop,e throw around words like 'all' and 'every' ... People are very, very varied ... There's nearly always exceptions 🙂

2 minutes ago, CelesteAdAstra said:

One could maybe argue about the romantic attraction here, but it really shouldn't cross into sexual territory.

Yes.  And even then there's obviously true/complete aro aces.  

The idea that 'everyone' is bi is absurd on the face of it.

Agreed, the idea that everyone is something is always bound to be wrong. Makes me think of those people who jokingly say things like "At least everyone can agree that sex is good." *wink wink* Well... have you met me? I'm going to turn your world upside down 😂

Men are more hard wired for hetero, Females have a more malleable sexuality. Why, I don't know. From the male viewpoint, probably because men view the female form as more desirable, and attractive (gay men are about 3-4%). Female viewpoint is possibly that the female is less threatening as well as having more common ground mentally. Plus the fact after a bad relationship they are more willing to try the same sex.

Look at the thread here on anal sex, penetration is viewed disfavourably, though penetrative sex is what women are genetically designed for (at least vaginally) and men are genetically designed to penetrate.

The human race is one of the few to copulate for pleasure, whatever floats your boat in todays society is reasonably acceptable providing it is legal and consentual. Most of the hang-ups have been generated by religious mores. Prior to Christianity, homosexuality was more accepted, though was still a minority. But in Spartan society, and in Greek military life, homosexuality was encouraged (you are not going to desert your lover on the battlefield) and heterosexuality was for reproduction.