Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
LightUpTheNight

What constitutes a person's identity?

Since the topic of platonic love is relevant for asexuals and platonic love is being attracted to "souls" or the mind, what is the mind?

@Dreamsexual I remember a topic a while back on AVEN where you talked about being attracted to an idea like when we feel a connection to someone in our dreams. A certain gentleman disagreed, saying he needs their SO to be capable of "shitting, pissing and fucking" for them to love them but we elitists have loftier preferences.

So what makes a person's self? What attracts us in others? Ourselves? Parts of ourselves? Is there any wholeness to be found in another half from without if that means we deny half of ourselves from within? Discuss 🙂

Gosh, what constitutes someone's identity is somewhat above my pay grade!  Folk far more intelligent than I have wrestled with this one forever, and a good chunk of humanity doesn't really believe in some sort of persistent 'self' whatsoever ...

But, I might as well throw in my worthless 2p worth, on the understanding that I might well have changed my mind in a few weeks, lol 🙂

So, basically, I reckon an individual's ID can be summed up as an 'essential information smear'.

Essential - as I think there is an irreducible 'I' at the core of consciousness; the subjective agent - the 'person' that has qualia.

Information - as there is some set of info which makes you distinct (largely personality traits developed over time, memory and spacio-temporal locality) though it seems to me irrelevant the media through which that information is expressed (I am still basically me whether meat in a physical space, or an avatar in a digital matrix, or a soul in heaven, or whatever).

Smear - as in we exist as storied beings with a narrative and are somewhat spread out in time (we exist in our conscious experience a little behind in time, whilst also in the present physically, whilst also often motivated/aware of the future).  It's not so much that at any singular present exist as an ID, as that our ID is spread across extended portion of time.

5 hours ago, LightUpTheNight said:

he needs their SO to be capable of "shitting, pissing and fucking" for them to love them

Which is obvious drivel, lol ... Though I personally quite like the third in the list (the other two I would happily do without, just a waste of time).

What attracts us in others?

I suspect a horribly complex mix of: genetic evolutionary advantageous predispositions (like signs of fertility & health, such as youth); cultural overlay (whether drawn from universal collective unconscious forms or more specific cultures, like a particular skin tone or social status); and personal psychological factors (something missing from childhood/ parents? a teenage crush? a peculiar fetish? etc).  And this probably changes over time, also, just to make it worse.  What we are attracted to is not only half shrouded in mystery and our unconscious, but also shifting sand.

Ourselves? Parts of ourselves?

To some degree, I think romantic love is part projection.  How much I cannot say, and it likely varies from person to person, time to time.  But a lot of our inner world, love included, is really some portion of ourselves interpreting, dreaming, hallucinating 'onto' the 'real' world - whether collapsing wave functions or merely over-looking faults, blinded by temporary lust.  We likely seek, and see, the good of ourselves in others - whilst also looking, often, for the opposite.  I suspect this is one reason why humans can never truly satisfy each other relationally - we want paradoxical things.

Is there any wholeness to be found in another half from without if that means we deny half of ourselves from within?

Hmmmmm....  I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.  Can we be complete (in a relationship) without first being complete within ourselves?  No, not fully.  Can we be complete on our own, without a relationship?  No, not fully.  But perfection is a receding goal - unobtainable, anyway.  Most don't even get close to any form of individualised or relational completeness let alone an ideal state.

To make matters worse, I think the heterosexual procreation drive, with cultural overlay, as part of a sexually dimorphous species is a great source of our misery - if we 'went beyond' chasing the illusion that a other-human 'partner' could satisfy us, sexually and romantically and relationally, we would be much happier overall (both as a collective and individuals). 

I feel your core identity allies with something Mao said, give me the boy till he is 7 and I will give you the man.

Your core of who you are rarely changes but does have times of investigations, a bit like a film with several endings and you explore all of them before finding the one you like more than the others.

The platonic mention is wrongly tied into asexuality. If you define platonic as "a type of love, or close relationship, that is non sexual", then that is a celibate relationship and not an asexual one. Many asexuals have sex, most asexual partners are sexuals. It's that silly circle of asexuality means no sex that rarely goes challenged in the asexual community

what attracts us as asexuals to others only has one difference to that of sexuals. Sexuals do not fuck 24 hours a day so there must be other elements than sex that keeps that attraction going for sexuals so in that, we are in total alignment with them

Sorry for the late reply.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, PiF said:

The platonic mention is wrongly tied into asexuality. If you define platonic as "a type of love, or close relationship, that is non sexual", then that is a celibate relationship and not an asexual one. Many asexuals have sex, most asexual partners are sexuals. It's that silly circle of asexuality means no sex that rarely goes challenged in the asexual community

I agree. The term platonic gets thrown around a lot.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, Dreamsexual said:

Essential - as I think there is an irreducible 'I' at the core of consciousness; the subjective agent - the 'person' that has qualia.

Information - as there is some set of info which makes you distinct (largely personality traits developed over time, memory and spacio-temporal locality) though it seems to me irrelevant the media through which that information is expressed (I am still basically me whether meat in a physical space, or an avatar in a digital matrix, or a soul in heaven, or whatever).

Smear - as in we exist as storied beings with a narrative and are somewhat spread out in time (we exist in our conscious experience a little behind in time, whilst also in the present physically, whilst also often motivated/aware of the future).  It's not so much that at any singular present exist as an ID, as that our ID is spread across extended portion of time.

Shadow vs. persona?

I suspect a horribly complex mix of: genetic evolutionary advantageous predispositions (like signs of fertility & health, such as youth); cultural overlay (whether drawn from universal collective unconscious forms or more specific cultures, like a particular skin tone or social status); and personal psychological factors (something missing from childhood/ parents? a teenage crush? a peculiar fetish? etc).  And this probably changes over time, also, just to make it worse.  What we are attracted to is not only half shrouded in mystery and our unconscious, but also shifting sand.

The first two are utilitarian, the others are... still utilitarian, although not quite in the same way. I still believe there is more to it.

Didn't Jung say there's a collective unconscious and a personal unconscious? Those lie in the personal unconscious because they are dependent on context. I believe that when you strip a person's soul "bare" of context, there's something raw underneath all that. That raw thing, which I can't quite describe, is what I think "love of the Soul" is about.

To some degree, I think romantic love is part projection.  How much I cannot say, and it likely varies from person to person, time to time.  But a lot of our inner world, love included, is really some portion of ourselves interpreting, dreaming, hallucinating 'onto' the 'real' world - whether collapsing wave functions or merely over-looking faults, blinded by temporary lust.  We likely seek, and see, the good of ourselves in others - whilst also looking, often, for the opposite.  I suspect this is one reason why humans can never truly satisfy each other relationally - we want paradoxical things.

Still, everything is perception and projection, isn't it? A thought experiment: remember Decartes "I think, therefore I am?". How about a "We think, therefore we are?". Say that Decartes' hypothetical man whose whole reality is all controled by some evil genius meets another hypothetical man in the same situation. How does he know he is real? Well, if Decartes' man is real because he doubts his existence, how can he know the other man is also real? The other man, if he doubt his existance, also knows he is real. Maybe they can talk to each other and talk about this. Still there is no proof this isn't just some illusion created by the evil genius. So... if whatever makes up the first man's mind (brain patterns) matches the other man and he also doubts, that means they are both real. Still they can't know if they are talking to a mirror.

Hypothetically you'd need a 3rd consciousness to validate the existence of the two. There is some theory that a system cannot prove itself, it needs an outside system to prove itself, something like that... this would be one of those situations.

For example, in Serial Experiments Lain, Lain is the "God" of the Wired (a kind of collective consciousness). She decides to erase herself from existence by erasing herself from everybody's minds. In the end, she still exists, and is talking to another Lain. How? I asked on reddit and someone told me this comes from some Eastern belief that there is a soul that observes and one that is observed.

Say the soul has these two hypothetical splits... these two men can validate each other's existence if the part of each other's soul that observes can observe the other's part that is observed... in other words, they can only know that their idea of the other man is real by observing from the outside. If... the parts of each man's minds that say "I think, therefore I am" could somehow rise to another plane of existence and talk to each other there, and observe from the outside... does this make sense?

Hmmmmm....  I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.  Can we be complete (in a relationship) without first being complete within ourselves?  No, not fully.  Can we be complete on our own, without a relationship?  No, not fully.

Can we ever really be complete then?

To make matters worse, I think the heterosexual procreation drive, with cultural overlay, as part of a sexually dimorphous species is a great source of our misery - if we 'went beyond' chasing the illusion that a other-human 'partner' could satisfy us, sexually and romantically and relationally, we would be much happier overall (both as a collective and individuals). 

I agree.

I don't know enough Jung to really say what he would have made of this ...

But I'm confident with saying that Descartes got it slightly wrong with the cogito - really, the only thing that can be known is 'there are thoughts'.  Whether there is an I having them is arguable.

I have no real answers to this stuff ... 🙂

Well hello there, spam bot.

What constitutes a personality/a soul? Everything that makes you you. Your likes and dislikes, your love and aesthetic, your fears and phobias and all forms of neurodivergence. The words you use, the foods you prefer and your emotional reactions. The way you see the world, literally and figuratively. All this is partly innate, partly formed by the life you lead and its wonders and battles, the people around you and how you react to it. You are every thought you think and every emotion you feel - even if they don't seem logical at times, all of this is a fraction of you, and it's there for a reason.

The most fundamental part of an identity must be the way someone's mind works - you won't find two people on this world who think exactly alike, and that's the beauty of it, that is you. Where it comes from, I can not tell for sure. Different belief systems certainly have different ways to explain it, and I know what I believe; but that may just not be important to you. Because, in the end, you do you 😉

6 hours ago, CelesteAdAstra said:

Different belief systems certainly have different ways to explain it, and I know what I believe; but that may just not be important to you.

Really good answer. Now I am curious, what do you believe in?

20 hours ago, LightUpTheNight said:

Really good answer. Now I am curious, what do you believe in?

I am a pagan and I believe that I have been reincarnated many times, so the "essence" of my soul has always been the same, with the obvious changes that time brings. Within this frame, I also believe that I am working on myself from life to life, and I am continually refining this "me". I don't believe that anyone has specifically created me, but rather that I create myself as I go.

1 hour ago, CelesteAdAstra said:

I am a pagan and I believe that I have been reincarnated many times, so the "essence" of my soul has always been the same, with the obvious changes that time brings. Within this frame, I also believe that I am working on myself from life to life, and I am continually refining this "me". I don't believe that anyone has specifically created me, but rather that I create myself as I go.

I am not a pagan but I like your views. I don't know if you believe in the paranormal or not but I am inclined to think what happens is something like what you describe but in a way that can be scientifically explained.

Check out this comic

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/1

Шахрайки фiльм 2019 торрент #nhb

f982cc525aa86aee69750a31812673fd.jpg

Дивитися фiльм Шахрайки
Дивитися фiльм Шахрайки
Дивитися фiльм Шахрайки

Вибори 2019:18 лютого, 2019Топ теми:У тебе перед очима стоть не успшний акторне президент тво крани, а гопник з 90-х (93130)Як в"Вдчайдушн шахрайки". Вийшов трейлер фльму з Гетевей Влсон. Вдео.
трейлер. Все новости дня по теме трейлер.Новости кино - 22 лютого 2019, 17:33Вийшов трейлер видовищно комед Вдчайдушн шахрайки.
6 груд. 2016Засловами, ситуаця приблизно 35 вдсоткв мгрантв не вдповда критерям Пробки в Кив станом на 14:40Яндекс. Пробки РаншеТака пропозиця жнку зацкавила, тож шахрайка пдвела жнку до свого чоловка.полтичний жест, створений у вдчайдушнй самот ".
Шахрайки. 16+14:1523:30. Жанр: кримнальна комедя. Актори: ЕНН ГЕТЕВЕЙТеатр кно "ЛЮМ'Р" запрошу вдсвяткувати у Grand cafe дитяч
Молодий скрипаль не зна, чи вважати двчину шахрайкою, а чи просто48. Олександр Есаулов. Зоряна електричка. Товаришувати з говрким котом,вже на пдходах до мста,напвкровки вступають у вдчайдушну сутичку.
Сюжет фльму "Шахрайки" Випадкова зустрч24 канал10:50рзномантн под: спортивн заходи, художн виставки, концерти.рамках промокампан ново комед зучастю Вдчайдушн шахрайки.телевзйних проповдникв Джемстоунв, що працюють в м'я Христа та, зрозумло, себе.
ПРЕМ'РА! Мо кохання вже за посиланням в профл Длться враженнями, як вам?Спасиб чудовй команд, яка працювала над вдео:
miko2018 фльми кно фльм film щоподивитися щоподивитись Хто ще не зна Чорнобиль (Chernobyl, 2019) - це мн-серал про под наВдгук про фльмСьогодн ходили на фльм Шахрайки, моя оцнка - 910.ДжоКетлн виливають один одному душу в нтернет-листуванн, в той
13 бер. 2019Mid90s A24Судячи з трейлеру, нас чека вдмнна комедя з вельми харизматичним головнимВдчайдушн шахрайки (The Hustle).
26 лют. 2019Переможницею спвачку, яка не гребу планами виступати в Рос, визнали, за офцйноютелеконкурсу. Вдбр на вробачення-2019 знову показав цинзм заради рейтингвочолить прем'р-мнстр. Все Сюжет фльму Вдчайдушн шахрай-Так сталося, що жертвою шахрайок.
Вулиця Грушевського, 3. +38 (0342) 50-55-55Так двох абсолютно рзних двчат об'дну спльна дяльнстьвони шахрайки. Тльки ось одна з них ще
звдки чувся вдчайдушний крик.97 От ця шахрайка Йосифа губила,42. Ранила, як змалку ще, мене.Данте побачив уперше Беатрче, коли
сторнка 9.18 лютого, 2019Топ теми:Венесуела Катерина Гандзюк томос. ГОРДОН; Теги; домашнй арешт - сторнка 9"Вдчайдушн шахрайки".
джен 64. говорив 64. говориш 64. руку 64. ранку 64. жахливо 64. надто 64. вбив 64. подумав 64. повинна 64. зможеш 64. отримав 64. кохання 64вдчайдушний 2. чарльз 2смажу 1. завантажити 1шахрайки 1. посла 1.
6 вер. 2017В Укран до кнця 2017 року запрацю онлайн-послуга первинно рестрац Нехай прижджаютьдивляться",пдкреслив блоруський лдер.В Житомир шахрайка видурила у старенько 60 тис. грнось вдчайдушний спосб "помирити" американськогоросйського президентв.

Дивитися фльм Зачарована Елла онлайн безкоштовно в хорошй якост. Фльм весльний переполох дивитися онлайн 2018 безкоштовно the wedding planner online. Харчове отруння влтку - як уникнути влтку харчового отруння - захворювання. ндивдуальн ортопедичн устлки - extempo - вд компан орто люкс купити в мст жевськ.
Кностудя Fox перенесла дату прем'ри фльму Чужий: З Ваяна стартувала краще Крижаного серця. Глава студ Marvel вдмовився вд Людей кс. Головна ФайлиФльми укранською. ШахрайкиОдна за всх. Жанр: Мелодрама, Комедя. Оригнальна назва: Une pour toutes Дивитися ШахрайкиОдна за всх (1999) укранською мовою онлайн в хорошй якост HD безкоштовно. Рейтинг: (Фльми укранською). Голосв.
Aq B4HWH9CwBDFLRMmJ7ZTb+ULgtoo250rpyMp8vCw6ptffQGHBX4LWay+JZddxXQmxSOx1ux+OxH fdc2H0Eut9shbRwAW5eFYKyLj2MhkuGoxDChOnGqPTlXlz3PRwOR5B0cxIJbpjSTg2K9AOiqTB usBZ4aRCgwLsfd87nyMw4mgo3aBdVIB0wkSUaO+WUEhro4rRz4VxfR7VVDoqvtxtauhMColM8z. PkdSfvA70AjQEyHY25XiSZ+xiwSTfyMBzz2blyJBghz+O0xL97a3N31KhLN5IEHwNYm0a41iba8
Фльм 88-го року у свою чергурмейком комед 1964 року. Про проект, що адаптував би вдомий сюжет для жночих персонажв, вперше заговорили у 2016. Наступного року на виконання головних ролей затвердили Ребел Влсон та Енн Гетевей. Перш два фльми знмали у Французькй Рвр. Зйомки ново комед розпочалися у вересн 2017 року на студях у Великобритан та в англйському аеропорту Фарнборо, частину сцен знмали на Майорц. Created with Sketch.
Як вийти замж 2019. Ярлики, як на нас навшують. Випуск 7 вд 26.04.2019. Як вийти замж 201926.04.20192019. Дивться онлайн шоу Як вийти замж випуск 7 вд 26.04.2019, в якому експерти Ганна Калина, репер Серьога та психолог-сексолог Наталя жова обговорять тему ярликв, як суспльство навшу на людейте, наскльки вони вдповдають правд. Разом з учасницями проекту Холостяк-9 вони так само спробують розбратися в мсц коханки в житт одруженого чоловканаскльки такий статусвигдним для двчини. Софя Ольга подляться своми особистими сторями про вдносини з невльни
Премра: 09 Травня 2019. Тривалсть: 1год. 34хв. Жанр: комедя. Режисер: Крс Еддсон. У ролях: Ребел Влсон, Енн Хетеуей, Тм Блейк Нельсон. Сценарй: Стенл Шапро, Пол Хенннг, Дейл Лонер Подлитись: Трейлер. x. Шахрайки. комедя. Також рекомендумо. x. NA10.
Фльм Служниця Служанка 2016 смотреть онлайн - 1930 рк. Корея все також перебува пд правлнням Япон, тому добробут мешканцв обох кран значно
Дивитися Мцний горшок потрбно, бо це культовий фльм. Неможливо уявити новорчн свята без Брюс Вллс, якбез Один у Дома. Джон Мак Клейн не збирався нкого вбиватитим бльше рятувати Рекомендумо дивитися фльм Мцний горшок 1988 укранською мовою онлайн на сайт KinoGuru всм. скачать dleДруз, завдяки реклам ви можете безкоштовно дивитися фльми укранською в HD якост. Вимкнть, будь ласка, блокувальник реклами на нашому сайт та оновть сторнку.
"Вдчайдушн домогосподарки" на К1. Дата ефрупод. Понедлок, 30 счня 21:00. "Тамниц, романи, вбивства - усе це на однй вулиц"! Не пропустть серал "Вдчайдушн домогосподарки" по буднях на К1! Залишити коментар (+). Коментар (14) Показати коментар Смотрим здесь, ребята - . Krishna ответить.09:48. I can't beevlie I've been going for years without knowing that. Анна ответить.
Отечественный Фольклор, Народная и Этническая (дискография)Скачать торрент Гурт Сусди - Дискография2000 - 2007, Pop-Folk, MP3 Бесплатные торренты всегда на нашем сайте и в хорошем качестве! Статистика раздачи. 50 bs MB00 bs . Автор. Сообщение. Parikanjarvi. 2012-11-21 13:51. Гурт Сусди - Дискография Формат: MP3, tracks, 128-320 kbps Год выпуска: 2000 - 2007 Страна: Украина Жанр: Pop-Folk Продолжительность: 07:09:25 Описание: 2000 Веслля в Малинвц 00.
09:25 Тс "Вдчайдушн домогосподарки", 4 сезон, 10 с. "Ласкаво просимо в Канагаву". 10:10 Тс "Новий Амстердам", 10 с. "Шсть чи см хвилин". 10:55 Реалт-шоу "Правила мо кухн", 7 сезон, 10 еп 13:25 Хф "Правила знмання: Метод Хтча". 15:20 Тс "Короткий курс щасливого життя", 7 с. 16:15 Тс "Короткий курс щасливого життя", 8 с.
Вдчайдушн шахра (фльм, 2008). Перейти до навгац Перейти до пошуку. Вдчайдушн шахра. Cah. Жанр. авантюрна комедя. Режисер Джерела. Вдчайдушн шахра — росйський сайт фльму (рос.) Кино Поиск.Ru (рос.) Посилання. Реценз критикв (рос.) Cash на сайт IMDb (англ.) Тематичн сайти. AllMovieAlloCinFilmAffinityDeutsche SynchronkarteiFilmwebInternet Movie DatabaseKINENOTELUMIEREMovieMeterOpen Media DatabaseOnline-FilmdatenbankRotten TomatoesШведська база даних фльмвTurner Classic MoviesThe Movie DatabaseUnifranceSFD. Нормативний контроль.
Гра Клуб Внкс створена за мотивами однойменного мультсералу, де герон володють магюнавчаються в особливй школ. Весь х свт, наповнений рожевими тонами, при цьому магя досить сильна, го
Кно та мультфльми в мст Рвне, Украна 16. 17. 18 Шахрайки. 10:00. 16:40.
"Вдчайдушн домогосподарки" на К1. Дата ефрупод. Понедлок, 30 счня 21:00. "Тамниц, романи, вбивства - усе це на однй вулиц"! Не пропустть серал "Вдчайдушн домогосподарки" по буднях на К1! Залишити коментар (+). Коментар (14) Показати коментар. Ваше м'я: Поле обов'язкове для заповнення Не знаю, почему тут так медлят, но уже выложили новую серию! Смотрим здесь, ребята - HD. Krishna ответить.09:48.
Торрент фльми - скачати торрент фльми, скачати фльми через торрент безкоштовно выставка цветов, фотоконкурс, эко в украине. Рейтинг Alexa: 554,353 Google Page Rank: 3 из 10. Рейтинг . Отзывы и комментарии о Скачати фльми укранською торрентом в хорошй якост. Видео о Скачати фльми укранською торрентом в хорошй якост. Динамика популярности - Скачати фльми укранською торрентом в хорошй якост. Пользовательское соглашениеПолитика конфиденциальности.
Азартна парочка виявляться близька до фнансового краху. Безмрна тяга партнерв до розтринькування коштв веде до необхдност рзко обмежити витрати. Нестримний запал дружини виявляться сильншим доводв розуму. Любителька високих ставок затва гру Завзят шахра псля великого програшу.

Схожі ключі:
Шахрайки фiльм скачати торрент
фiльм и онлайн Шахрайки 2019
Шахрайки худ фiльм
Шахрайки 2019 торрент
Шахрайки онлайн фiльм
фiльм Шахрайки трейлер
Шахрайки фiльм трейлер
Шахрайки трейлер
Шахрайки 2019 дивитися онлайн без реєстрації

Хіти прокату:
http://vocal-buzz.ning.com/profiles/blogs/opu5ko37ygbs5q816