Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
Dreamsexual

Robot Rights??

So, with youtube removing robot wars footage (because it's cruel??), increasing concern over sex doll brothels, some arguing that those who mistreat chatbots should be penalised, pushes for sexbots to require 'wooing' in order to respond positively, and some arguing that robots (particularly sex robots) should be granted human rights or at least have the programming require 'consent' ... What is going on?

Is this feminist outrage over female objectification?  Or the rise of robophobic intolerance?  Or what?

31 minutes ago, PiF said:

I think it's just the next level of moaning for the feminist to be honest

Entirely plausible.  And if so, then highly hypocritical if those same feminists have sex toys ...

something thate rarely gets mentioned because everything is men's fault 🤔, I wonder if any lesbians would buy a sex robot, or females either?

I could see robot rights becoming a big thing if it's ever determined that they're conscious and self-aware; we're essentially organic robots programmed by our brains after all. I don't think our robotic technology has yet gotten to the point to where they've developed consciousness though. Maybe some of those people believe robots already have consciousness.

Yeah, human level consciousness would be a game changer.  But we're nowhere near that level yet.  This strikes me more as 'anti-man' than 'pro-robot', if you know what I mean.

If sexbots become mainstream, then where does that place women in mens lives. A one off payment and you are good for a shallow relationship. People bond over many things, not just people but objects and interests.

If women become obnoxious to the point where bots are a realistic alternative, then where does that put the human relationship bond between the sexes and society cohesion? 

The feminists would have to stop moaning about the patriarchy and start moaning about the robotiarchy 😛

In all honesty, I think sexbots and the artificial womb will at some point replace either men or women (prob women given the way the world is) and post-humanity will go through a mono-gendered transition phase on the way to full transhuman.  I think this is a good thing, but I'm obviously biased.  Removing the social ills that come with being a sexually dimorphous species, everything from AIDS to loneliness, incels to rape, will be a major improvement, IMHO.

Even if everyone was in relationships with robots instead of other people, I don’t think that necessarily means either of the sexes would have to go. As someone who prefers imaginary relationships with anime characters, I have no problem co-existing with men.

13 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Even if everyone was in relationships with robots instead of other people, I don’t think that necessarily means either of the sexes would have to go. As someone who prefers imaginary relationships with anime characters, I have no problem co-existing with men.

Sure, not necessarily, but I consider it likely.  How many cultures already prefer children of one sex over another? 

In a world of robots which sex is most likely to emotionally flourish?  I suspect that the majority of men/women are wired in different ways, ways which would allow men to more easily adjust to not having human relationships.  Wouldn't the typical female be at more of a disadvantage in such a world - no real ability to fulfil biological imperatives to form serial monogamous relationships or be pregnant?  Which parent would choose a girl over a boy child in such a world?

And I think it all a good thing - again, just think of all the human suffering caused by having human-human relationships and sex.  By removing that issue humanity can massively reduce STDs, abortions, divorce, rape, loneliness, domestic violence and a host of other serious problems.  Who wouldn't want that improvement?

I think it would probably take quite a while for that to happen, society might collapse or humans might become extinct before it happens. For starters there will probably still be people who prefer to do things the “natural” way. We already see that kind of rhetoric with people who prefer to use “natural remedies” rather than prescription drugs, people who advocate spending time outside rather than on their phones, etc. I could see some hippie-esque communities popping up filled with people who choose to have relationships with other people and have kids through pregnancy. 

The world has has always been a pretty shitty place for both sexes, yet people have always had kids even in today’s world of increasingly effective contraceptives. It wouldn’t really surprise me if people still chose to have daughters in a world like that. In fact being able to only have daughters would probably be a dream come true to some radical feminists.

Also even in a world of all biological males, I wonder if transsexuals would still be a thing. Perhaps there still would be women around, even if they aren’t born female.

But I don’t know, this is just my 2019 brain speculating on what could happen in the future, so I could be totally wrong.

We are both highly likely to be wrong ... Predictions usually are 🙂

Eitherway, humanity becoming monogendered would likely just be a phase on the way to some truly transhuman future we can't even imagine.

I should also add that this stuff could happen very quickly ...  I reckon we've only got about a decade before we see the artificial human womb and the increasing normalisation of sex dolls/bots and virtual companions.  Just about in my lifetime I expect to see the first humans born of artificial wombs on the news, and for it to be somewhat more common for folk to have object/digital SOs.  Now imagine three generations, about 120 years, of ever accelerating progress ...  My grandkids and great grand kids might well be living in a very, very different world.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:20 AM, Dreamsexual said:

In all honesty, I think sexbots and the artificial womb will at some point replace either men or women (prob women given the way the world is) and post-humanity will go through a mono-gendered transition phase on the way to full transhuman.  I think this is a good thing, but I'm obviously biased.  Removing the social ills that come with being a sexually dimorphous species, everything from AIDS to loneliness, incels to rape, will be a major improvement, IMHO.

What bullshit is this?

Quite possibly!

It will be quite interesting to see how much technology advances in my lifetime, unless a comet hits the Earth and ruins everything or something like that. I've already seen a lot of advances just between when I was a kid in the 90's and now. 

3 hours ago, MorganaPendragon said:

What bullshit is this?

Quite possibly!

Lol.  My BS is based simply on a few observations:

1) The tech industries and tech knowledge sectors are male heavy

2) Wealth distribution is male heavy

3) The sex industries cater far more to men than to women

4) Current sexdoll, sexbot and virtual companion tech is already slightly more advanced as fembots than hommebots (no Harmony male eqiv; chatbots overwhelmingly default female, etc etc)

5) Male sexuality seems (to me) to differ from female, in that men are more likely to be promiscuous, more likely to be desiring of polygamy, be more ok with object sex, objectify their mate, be less concerned with emotional bonding needs, be less concerned with being pregnant or starting a family etc, whereas many women do seem to be moe driven towards (serial) monogamy and procreation.

6) Already multiple cultures favour male babies or are outrightly patriarchal, and gynocidal abortion/infanticide is widespread.

7) Culture has already been primed for fembots (far more than hommebots) - think sci-fi films etc.

Personally, I don't care which way it goes (male or female replacement), but I just think the conditions highly favour female replacement rather than male.

9 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

5) Male sexuality seems (to me) to differ from female, in that men are more likely to be promiscuous, more likely to be desiring of polygamy, be more ok

In order for a man to be into polygamy, so would his partners. It takes two to tango.

I'm not sure patriarchy works with consent.  My history books paint a different picture of uncivilised masculinity.

But I admit I might be entirely incorrect. MWe can watch and see what happens over time 🙂

@Dreamsexual there is a lot of stereotyping based on feminist ideology. Women are more promiscuous than they were, thank the pill for that. History is littered with women having sex with castrati men, no chance of pregnancy. Any woman who cannot get laid is either to picky or not trying. Men play the numbers game, even the most accomplished PUA strike out more than suceed. Men ask (81%/19% m/f), women choose to accept or refuse.  Patriarchy, if it ever existed, was the protection of women, not the oppression. Technology has removed a lot of barriers for women. Most of the inequalities are due to individual choice. Most women prefer a cushy office job, not an outside dangerous/disgusting/unsociable job, so have a premium. The more choices that people have the more they go for traditional gendered roles. Only when choices are limited, do the sex differences level out.

No one sex is superior, or inferior, we have grown up as complimentary, not competitive. It is not surprising that the society preference or which sex is matched by suicide rates, in the west women are prefered, so males commit suicide more, China males are prefered, so women commit suicide more (true).

@MorganaPendragon

Yes, I think patriarchal cultures still exist.  Mostly in the Middle East.

@cavalier080854

I totally agree thick much of what you said, but I can't see how it contradicts my POV - indicating that sex diffs are prob more biologically hardwired than social seems to actually support my points???

However, for fun, I'll challenge your point about the sexes being equal and neither one superior.  I think this obviously untrue.  Men, for example, are superior in physical prowess and unarmed fighting capacity.

13 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

However, for fun, I'll challenge your point about the sexes being equal and neither one superior.  I think this obviously untrue.  Men, for example, are superior in physical prowess and unarmed fighting capacity.

You are still on the physical biological differences. As a whole men are taller, stronger and faster than women. But as in all things there is an overlap. Hope Solo is 6' ( BTW she was done for assault against another woman and lost her place on the USA soccer team) I'm 5'11". This in no way invalidates my statement that the sexes are equal. Each sex brings something different to the table. You cannot quantify this except by putting an arbitrary valuation to things. Which brings biases into play. I do not look down on women as inferior because they are weaker. Which is superior, strength or compassion ? Both exist in both sexes, they are not gendered.

The Bell Curve is something to bear in mind when taking about differences. Women congregate about the mean, men are over represented at the extremes at the expense of the mean. So, overall, there will be more geniuses than women, but also more stupid men that women. So the more extreme you look at things the more men will be over represented. In other words, there will be more Mozart's, but also more Jack the Rippers.

Interestingly, the most prolific mass murderer in the UK was a woman, Mary Ann Cotton (the exact number is not known as the earliest could have been due to infant mortality, anywhere from 15-23).

To play devil's advocate, I think pointing out that X has the capacity to be better at A than Y does indeed contradict the idea that neither X or Y is inferior, at least in terms of A.

Nor is physical prowess a subjective good - power, the capacity to do more and do better, is an objective good (hence omnipotence being considered a perfection).

Thus, if you were offered the choice to have a body where all other things are equal except one had greater capacity for physicality it would logical to choose the stronger one.

IQ distribution is another good point, as you noted men have an increased chance of having very high/low IQs.  Very high IQs are necessary for major technological and cultural developments which have long lasting and widespread positive effects.  Civilisation's benefits arising from smart men outweigh the harm caused by low IQ men.  If you had to choose one human gender to removed, it would be logical to remove females and keep males given the increased chance of civilisation developing farther and quicker under men with their greater IQ variability.