Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
Sign in to follow this  
PiF

Stonewall to split ? Citing women and children at risk from trans policy

The headlines was from the times titled  ‘Anti-women’ trans policy may split Stonewall...if you can't get it then type the title in then the times

It states that even one of the founders of stonewall Simon Fanshawe said that it undermined womens rights within the movement.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/anti-women-trans-policy-may-split-stonewall-wfv2rp5cx#

unless you are a time subscriber you might not be able to access the full story

The daily mail is another option although they always put a  angry spin on it  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7491031/Gay-rights-group-Stonewall-split-activists-say-transgender-policy-puts-women-risk.html

It does show what most of us have seen is the widening of expectations between some within the trans and lgb community

Yeah, the gap between feminist/terfs and trans has been growing all the time.  IMHO, both have legit concerns.  I think libertarianism solves all (individuals doing what they want, not group activism) ... But I'm probably wrong.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, cavalier080854 said:

On this one, some in the U.K. may be aware of a person now called Freddy McConnell. 

Freddy was a female who felt she was in the wrong body from birth so sought to transition into a male. As seems to be the case in increasing numbers, Freddy stopped halfway, in their case a boob removal but kept female reproductive functions.

he did become pregnant and the tried to use the human rights act to have himself listed as father on the birth certificate. Biologically males cannot give birth and his application was refused and remains on the birth certificate as mother. His ivf treatment is now also being looked into as a matter of legality

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/25/transgender-man-gave-birth-loses-high-court-battle-make-child/

Brave new world.

On a side-point, I see no reason why birth certificates can be updated to reflect modern technological developments that may well mean in future mother/father distinctions are not as clear-cut.  For example, the human artificial womb is only a decade or two away.  If I have an artificial womb inside me, am I now mother or father?  It seems irrelevant to have a gendered parent distinction - just list the parents, their sex, and whether or not their genetics are involved and if they provided the womb.

3 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

Brave new world.

On a side-point, I see no reason why birth certificates can be updated to reflect modern technological developments that may well mean in future mother/father distinctions are not as clear-cut. 

I can tell you that in the case of Intersex people in the UK, whatever sex is on the birth certificate (usually female) if they want to surgically change to male, then they can legally change the sex on their birth certificate to male. If not then they can keep the original sex. Society assigned the wrong sex (no penis, therefore female), Society has to correct the mistake.

This does not apply to Transexuals. But it would be interesting if the trans lobby used this to extent it to trans people. Alas this has been defeated in the Supreme Court  already.

I was thinking more in terms of men, identifying as men, being pregnant and giving birth.  Trans issue so de something else.

But if I do, say, a womb transplant into a man ... Only a matter of time.

25 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

I was thinking more in terms of men, identifying as men, being pregnant and giving birth.  Trans issue so de something else.

But if I do, say, a womb transplant into a man ... Only a matter of time.

Well, it is possible now, but the pregnancy would be very painful and result in the death of the host.

14 hours ago, cavalier080854 said:

Well, it is possible now, but the pregnancy would be very painful and result in the death of the host.

But soon(ish) it won't.