Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

News Ticker
  • 29-OCTOBER-2019 NEWS
  • -------- Lets see how long it takes for me to change the news for something new <-------
Sign in to follow this  
cavalier080854

Liberal Arts

I was debating in my mind whether to put this in WTF!!!, or Anti-White Racism. But decided to put it under another thread.

This course is on Debating.  I did consider that the Professor was taking the devil's advocate and did not believe what he wa saying. But on reflection and other videos, I believe this person is so stupid, he makes Flat Earthers look and sound intelligent.

He gets to decide who goes on the debating teams, so is applying his bias onto others.

The racism is truly horrendous and nobody is seeing it, or if they do, choose to ignore it (probably to get better grades).

this is why Liberal Arts should be restructured, this is doing damage to University credibility.

This is truly cringe worthy, you will probably not complete the first video before throwing something.

I have also added the faculty response (the usual bland response) and a discussion as to the debate scene in Universities,

Benjamin Boyce was a student at the Evergreen Campus.

I'd agree it should be restructured, depending on who is doing the restructuring. The state? Nope, be gone state! Whomever is in charge of the university? I certainly wouldn't want that nonsense in my university if I were the one running it, but who am I to tell people in charge of other universities they can't have those dumb classes? Likewise, people in charge of the companies students who major in Liberal Arts apply to after college have a right not to hire them.

If that is the standard that is seen as acceptable to become a professor, then call me Stephen Hawking, good grief no wonder why so many uni's have so many dumb arse kids. I'd be seeking a refund on any child of mines education if that was the result.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:24 PM, Gloomy said:

I'd agree it should be restructured, depending on who is doing the restructuring. The state? Nope, be gone state! Whomever is in charge of the university? I certainly wouldn't want that nonsense in my university if I were the one running it, but who am I to tell people in charge of other universities they can't have those dumb classes? Likewise, people in charge of the companies students who major in Liberal Arts apply to after college have a right not to hire them.

Well, if the campus does not receive federal funding, then the state cannot interfere. But most recieve federal funding, so the state can interfere if it wishes.

My own position is that if this happens, then federal funding should be withdrawn, the best way to reform is to hit the campus in the pocket. Either reform or put student debt up. I think we all know what the result will be, reform, albeit reluctantly, most of the craziness has come from making a career on the back of student debt and misery.

It seems the crazies are continuing but are now being called out by the Zoomies for the bigotry that it is. Already some classes are being cancelled due to low take up.

Anyone seen "Campus Unmasked" channel ?

Edited by cavalier080854

1 hour ago, cavalier080854 said:

My own position is that if this happens, then federal funding should be withdrawn

Agreed, although I think federal funding should be withdrawn from everything anyway. 😛 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:24 AM, Gloomy said:

Agreed, although I think federal funding should be withdrawn from everything anyway. 😛 

Not necessarily, funding should be available for certain positions, such as teaching etc. It is very expensive and will only become harder to address as teacher numbers decrease caused by the cost.

But I agree when the course does not provide a benefit to society, such as a Masters in Fine Arts.